Ayurveda's answer to infertility
02 June 2020
Infertility typically refers to an issue that's either related to you or your partner or a combination of factors that prevent pregnancy. In India, 10% to 14% of the population is coping with infertility.
One in every seven couple faces trouble in conceiving, despite trying for years. There are multiple social, mental and physiological factors for this, while in some cases there is no identifiable reason (unexplained infertility) in both man and women.
Ayurveda's path may take time and work, but with a holistic approach to address the problem, you can strengthen the body's mechanism and improve the overall health; thereby increasing your chances of conceiving.
Generally, if pregnancy does not occur after one year of trying, the couple is diagnosed with the infertility problem. In women, ageing reduces the ability to become pregnant. As she's growing old, ovulation - the process of forming and releasing an egg - becomes slower and less effective. However, those who can conceive but not carry a pregnancy may also be diagnosed.
A woman who’s never been able to conceive will be diagnosed with primary infertility and the one who’s had at least one successful pregnancy in the past will be diagnosed with secondary infertility.
Female infertility can result from age, physical problems, hormonal imbalance, and lifestyle or environmental factors. In primary ovarian insufficiency, the ovaries stop functioning before natural menopause. With PCOS, the ovaries may not release an egg regularly or they may not release a healthy egg.
- Failure to Ovulate
- Problems in the Menstrual Cycle (hormonal imbalance, PCOS)
- Structural problems of the Reproductive system (related to fallopian tubes or uterus)
- Chronic infections in the cervix
- Failure of an Egg to mature properly
- Uterine Fibroids & Auto-immune disorders
- Increasing age
- Cigarette smoking
- Heavy alcohol usage
- Being overweight, obese or significantly underweight
- Having certain STI's that can damage the reproductive system
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Scarring from a previous surgery
It isn't always the women's problem; men are found to be contributing significantly to the causes of infertility. Men & Women, both are equally likely to have fertility issues.
Male infertility is due to low sperm production, abnormal sperm function or blockages that prevent the delivery of sperm. Illnesses, injuries, chronic health problems, lifestyle choices and other factors can also play a role in causing infertility.
Studies suggest the male partner alone is infertile in about 20% of cases and that both partners have fertility problems about 30% of the time. Therefore, the male partner plays a role in about half of all couples that have difficulty conceiving a child.
- Chromosome defects
- Low sperm count or zero count (oligospermia, Azoospermia)
- Injury to the testicle
- Insensitivity to hormones called androgens, which include testosterone
- Swelling of the testicles from infections such as mumps, gonorrhoea, or chlamydia
- Older age
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Antibodies that attack your sperm and destroy them
- Cystic fibrosis
- Smoking cigarettes
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Being overweight or obese
- Exposure to toxins, such as pesticides, herbicides and heavy metals
According to Ayurveda's approach, any abnormal function in the body is agnimandya (vitiation of the digestive fire of body) & tridosha dushti (vitiation of three governing factors of the body - Vata, Pitta & Kapha). In Ayurveda, the prime factors for conceiving are not just healthy sperm and ovum. There is an equal or more emphasis on metabolic function, hormonal balance and mental/emotional health; also the interconnection between these factors and healthy sperm/ovum.
Ayurveda's path is entirely different from the usual modern medicine or techniques; it focuses on diet & lifestyle changes. This is followed by cleansing and rejuvenating the reproductive pathways, nourishing the shukradhatu i.e. Sperm with powerful herbs. Through Detox Panchakarma, you get rid of the toxins that create imbalance in the system & therapeutic massage relaxes your body - physically & mentally.
As far as the procedure is considered, there are two main goals of Ayurveda-
- Purification and detoxification of the body
- Optimizing the functioning of reproductive tissues
Ayurveda maintains wellness by stimulating the body's self-healing & balancing mechanisms and doesn't rely on intervention by any outside or foreign substance, to replace or correct the hormones. It focuses on the treatment of infertility holistically, intending to improve the overall health and quality of life of the individual.
A powerful metabolic system to assist the formation of healthy sperm/ovum depends solely on the nutrition. Diet plays a crucial role when it comes to maintaining your reproductive health. To regulate ovulation and enhance fertilization, food that increases Ojas (responsible for overall health, energy and liveliness) should be included in the diet.
Here are some guidelines that you can follow -
- Include Milk, ghee, nuts, sesame seeds, dates, honey etc. (Ojas building food)
- Stick to Vegetable Protein(like cooked dried beans and nuts)
- Whole foods, whole grains, juicy fruits
- Diet that's rich in Vitamin C & E, Root vegetables
- Stay hydrated & use ghee instead of oil for food
- Avoid sour fruits/food, oily spicy food & fermented food
- Remove wheat, processed carbs, preservatives from the diet
- Potato chips, frozen dinners, cold cuts, gravies etc. should be avoided
- Red Meat is highly prohibited
- Excess alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, soda, smoking is bad for your reproductive system
My recommendation - if you are suffering from this Infertility dilemma would be Ayushakti's Infertox treatment; it's a proven & tested Ayurvedic process of fighting infertility. Ayushakti has successfully granted the gift of parenthood to thousands of seemingly infertile couples across the globe.
With this treatment, you will be given a specially formulated herbal, dietary and treatment module as per your pulse & body type. This special formulation relieves the body of all toxins, imbalances and it also eliminates blocks that cause infertility.
Benefits of the Treatment
Male - improves sperm quality and count, motility, stamina, energy, reduces erectile problems.
Female - effectively removes cysts, remove tube blockages, balances hormones, regulates the menstrual cycle, bodyweight & reduces miscarriages.
RESEARCH BY A NETHERLAND UNIVERSITY
Holland-based Dr. Victor Manhave’s research on 2000 case files of Ayushakti infertility couples for three years, says that - the percentage of success rate in Ayushakti’s Ayurvedic treatment is two times higher than other treatment methods. Infertox treatment includes diet, herbal formulas and detox programs
Last but not the least; I would like to share with you an effective home remedy that you can try -
Black gram for improving sperm count
- 25gm Black gram (udad daal) flour
- Cow’s milk 2 cups
- Boil the black gram powder in cow’s milk until it’s cooked
Eating this daily for 2-3 weeks improves the count & sperm quality. It also helps prevent uncontrolled flow of semen.
Proven effective home remedy to balance female hormones
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Cumin seed powder 1 tsp
- Fennel seed powder 1 tsp
- Ajowain seed powder ¼ tsp
- Corriander seed powder ½ tsp
- Black salt ¼ tsp
Mix in half glass of water and drink twice a day
If you have tried every possible way and lost hopes, please understand the most essential path still remains unexplored. Opting the natural approach for your infertility problem is the answer to all your questions; book your appointment now for Ayushakti’s Infertox treatment.
To know more about the treatment, go to this link -https://bit.ly/2LJIDSr