How To Beat Travel Sickness | Health Tips By Dr. Smita Naram
11 February 2020
Travel sickness or motion sickness is a sensation that causes fatigue, uneasiness, dizziness and vomiting. It usually occurs when you're travelling by car, bus, train, plane or boat. According to researchers, it happens due to the contradictory behaviour of our body's sensory systems.
It's still a mystery that some people get motion sickness and others don't. The reason may be unknown, but, I think the logical explanation would be - let's say, for example, if you are travelling through a slow-moving cruise ship, your eyes may tell the brain you're not moving at all, but the brain systems and your inner ear that control balance & posture say, "Yes we are!" .This conflict confuses the brain & causes a variety of symptoms, which are related to motion sickness.
Although travel sickness is not life-threatening, it can hamper your travel plans, making them unpleasant. It's not that hard to beat this sickness, you certainly can take medications to help relieve these symptoms. But if you would like to avoid or overcome motion sickness for good, there are some tips that I feel would be helpful.
Here’s a quick remedy from me that you can try if you suffer from travel sickness a lot:
- Take fresh ginger and slice it into small pieces.
- Rub some rock salt on it.
- Squeeze some lime juice.
- Bottle this mixture and keep sucking these slices while travelling.
- This will help you overcome that sick nausea and also relieve you from gas and other stomach problems
- Listening to music with your eyes closed, distracts your brain & can reduce your sensitivity to the motion signals.
- It is always recommended to travel without having any heavy meals or alcohol before and during the travel period.
- It is also recommended to restrict your motion as much as possible and always try to breathe fresh air.
For more information write to us at email@example.com